Wednesday, September 10, 2008

School

So Makenzie has been in school for about 2 weeks now. It's still hard to believe that she has grown up so fast!!
She was ready to drop out the second day. She came home with a bunch of homework and did the "drama queen" thing... "It's too hard, I can't do it." (In her whiniest voice, of course!) Now that she has gotten used to the routine, she really likes it, she even WANTS to do her homework when she gets home, even when she doesn't have any!!
This will hopefully be her last year at this school and she should be going to the charter school out here next year, if I can get in enough hours to have founder status...
The school is called Excelsior Academy, and I am so excited for them to open!! You should check them out at www.excelsior-academy.org. My teacher friends should especially check them out and then come out here and work at the school!! ;)

No comments: