Sunday, July 27, 2008

Swingsets 2: Revenge of the Swingset



Well... the swingset is up and running (admission $1 (I gotta pay for it somehow)). It was a monster to put up although Melissa did do quite a bit of the drill work since I was doing a lot of holding of pieces. This was not an easy thing to build, especially in 102 degree weather. Now comes the sore muscles, and sunburn is quite evident. I didn't know that you could sunburn your eyebrows! I had a hat on, but my sunglasses gave out about an hour into the project. I'm almost sure that I won't get skin cancer on my eyebrows. This reminds me of an old Marty Feldman movie line (for those of you too young to know who Marty Feldman is I refer you to the Movie 'Young Frankenstein', he played the part of Igor). In the movie he is explaining to another character that he was gored in the cheek by a bull in Spain and had to have a skin graft. When asked where they got the skin from Marty's character replies "I don't know but everytime I get tired my face wants to sit down."


Life's too short, Laugh!

3 comments:

Missy said...

Sorry you are so sore and sunburned. It looks great though! I want to come play!

Amanda said...

I love the swingset!! We have wanted to get Aidan one forever but I think we would be too lazy to ever get it put together. We are getting a cheap plastic swingset this weekend. Hopefully that will be okay for Aidan for the next year or so.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see that you finally broke down and bought the kids a swingset. They really need one. It helps to keep them out of your hair when you are trying to get things done. They are a bugger to put up though.